Vauxhall golf course is open but the clubhouse won’t be open until April 9. For now golf is free. Pull carts are available but not power carts. It is a nice walk in the park. Come out and enjoy. You are welcome to use personal carts if you have one.
Annual General Meeting this Tuesday 7pm (March 30th 2021) on Zoom. If you’re a member and interested in attending please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TARP REMOVAL Saturday March 20, 10am! Woohoo! Spread the word. Volunteers needed, we can’t do it without YOU! Please bring a hammer or pry bar (to pull the staples), gloves, and possibly knee pads if you need them.
Greens tarping this Saturday Oct 31st, 10am. Many volunteers needed, we can’t do it without YOU! Please spread the word! Please bring a rubber mallet or hammer, gloves, and possibly knee pads if you need them.
Vauxhall Golf Course Rules for Members and Guests as of May 14 2020
Clubhouse Phone – 403-654-4085
- Physical Distancing must be adhered to at all times. 2 metres or 2 golf club lengths. If you are sick or showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or flu/cold like symptoms please do not come to the golf course.
- Our clubhouse is open for guests to pay for golf, purchase beverages / snack items and to use the washrooms. One person at a time in washrooms and please leave main washroom door open. On course washroom is closed at this time.
- Hand sanitizer is available outside the main door and inside the main door.
- When entering the clubhouse follow the arrows/and or line markings as needed to maintain physical distancing.
- If the number of people in the clubhouse does not allow for safe physical distancing please wait outside until someone leaves.
- All members and guests must phone for a tee time or stop in at the Clubhouse to make one.
- If you are planning on golfing 18 holes you must book two tee times.
- Tee times are approximately 16 minutes apart.
- When booking a tee time or prior to tee off you must give the names of all the members of your group.
- Golfers should arrive at the golf course no earlier than 15 minutes before their tee time.
- Please carry your clubs to the clubhouse as no carts are allowed to be used to pick up and drop off clubs from the parking lot.
- One person per golf cart unless you are from the same household.
- Carts for rental are assigned by the clubhouse staff. These have been cleaned prior to each use and will be located in front of the clubhouse. Proceed to the tee box by following the cart path around the putting green.
- Drop off carts in the large gravel area just east of #9 green and leave the keys in.
- Do not take carts to the parking lot.
- Pull carts are available. These will be assigned by clubhouse staff and drop off is on the gravel by the north clubhouse steps.
- Pins stay in rule. Do not touch or remove flagsticks whatsoever.
- Be generous with gimmies to avoid touching cups. 2 ft, one club length or longer.
- Rakes, ball washers, divot repair sand, benches and water stations have been removed. Please feel free to improve your lie in a sand trap.
- Scorecards will be issued by clubhouse staff.
We are now open, with some strict rules and restrictions in force… please follow all the rules diligently so we don’t lose this great privilege. Also be patient as there is only one person allowed in the pro-shop at a time due to physical distancing rules.
The course is in excellent shape. We are planning to open for green fee players on May 14th (or as soon as we have our wireless pay terminals, whichever is later). Members can play now. Rates are increasing slightly for 2020, we will post them soon. We are going to be missing out on some revenue this year including lack of tournaments and delayed Casino funds, so we encourage everyone to golf as much as possible, buy memberships, and purchase plenty of food and drinks to support our local course. Restrictions will be in place according to Alberta laws and regulations, which are subject to change due to changing virus conditions/outbreaks. We will try to have some kind of league, but it won’t be a group gathering until that is allowed by the regulations. The restaurant will be open for liquor and takeout, and possibly for dine-in at reduced capacity according to the regulations.
Reminder, Annual General Meeting Wednesday March 18th at 7pm at the golf course. IMPORTANT: Please do not come if you feel sick at all, OR if you’ve traveled outside the country in the last 14 days, OR if you have been in contact in the last 14 days with anyone who has traveled outside the country recently.
Please register by calling the pro shop at 403-654-4085
Sip and Swing again on Monday June 24th
The Vauxhall Golf Club Men’s 2-ball tournament is this Saturday, June 1. It’s a great 27-hole tourney, $60 entry fee, 10am tee off time.
Vegas Vacation Raffle!
We are running a licensed raffle this year with proceeds to course improvements. Tickets are $10 each. Please purchase your tickets at the clubhouse, from a golf club member, or email email@example.com to get more information on how you can purchase. First Prize is a Vegas Vacation from Feb 4-11, 2020! Second Prize is 7 nights accommodation in Kelowna between Nov 2019 and mid-June 2020. 3rd Prize is golf for 4 at Bridges in Claresholm.
Vauxhall Golf Club
Annual General Meeting
Tuesday March 12, 2019
7:00pm at the Golf Course Clubhouse
ALL MEMBERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND